Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Our team is ready to help you recover from water damage.
We understand how devastating water damage can be. It doesn't matter if it's caused by a flood, a broken pipe, or even just a leaky roof—you can't always predict when disaster might strike. But SERVPRO of Beaufort County, Hilton Head, Bluffton, Jasper has you covered.
We're the experts at water damage cleanup and restoration. We have the training, experience, and equipment necessary to handle any job—from small leaks and floods to major disasters like hurricanes or tornadoes. And we're ready to help 24/7! So don't wait until it's too late—call us today!
To learn more about steps to take after a water loss, check out the information down below!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (843) 815-6923
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.